Thursday, March 31, 2011

Need I Say Any More?

Need I tell you the tale
Of the gallant son 
Shall I break your heart
By his unquenched thirst 
Need I tell you the secret
By which he held the flag
Shall I cause you death
By showing you the severed hands
Need I read you the will
That bequeathed flag, water skin and glory
            Shall I cause you grief
                        At the wail of the unquenched niece
            Need I make you blind
                        By the arrow in the eye
            Shall I cause you darkness
                        At the falling of the moon
            Need I give you a veil
                        To carry the hope of the sister
            Shall I cause you to mourn
                        For the loss of the helper of Imam
            Need I ask for your help
                        To raise the blood drenched flag
Shall I dry your tears
When I call you my brother 
Need I tell you the name
Of the master who lost his back 
Shall I have the breath
To say why he died thirsty at a shore 
Need I say any more
This is Abul Fadhl Abbas

No comments:

Post a Comment