Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kodak Moments


A butterfly gently unfurls its wings…
The glory leaves you breathless, but only for a moment
Snap!
Package it, label it, post it online!

An innocent child, squinting in amazement at a crawling bug
That’s so cute you gush, as you reach for your phone
And
Snap!
Upload and tag it, be right on time!

A drunkard man, being a fool
Such a waste of intellect and you shake your head
Gently though
So your video isn’t grainy
Myspace and youtube, all in real time!

A radiant bride has made her grand entrance
Entranced by her beauty, everyone stands
Simultaneously reaching for their purses
Click!
Before I send her a prayer
The moment is mine!

A lush green forest, in the background a smoky blue mountain
You want to exclaim
SubhanAllah!
But the moment is lost
Click!
Ah well, I have it in bytes!

A learned man, has come from afar
Every word he speaks is a pearl
I must catch my camel
I can hardly wait to leave
And go share online!

At the sacred ground, I am brought to tears
Am I really beholding the Ka’abah in my eyes?
Ring!
Shush! I’ll call you after tawaaf!
Labbayk…
Click! Hey I got a close up
…Allahumma Labbayk!

No comments:

Post a Comment