Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lost Friend

Lonesomeness conquered me
The prison stifling, its allure fading
I sought the one who would nurture me
Guide me, inspire me, set me free
Thus began the quest for Thee
The one whose name I whispered
When I turned at night
Who would cause me tears
And chase my fears
I drank the sea of your love from the book
Till I was drowned
Tossed upon its waves and storms
Still seeking
Landing on the shore
Now I knew I could hold no more
I begged at the door to the city its key
Through the books and ink I sought to be free
All my journey all my quest
Seeking you, torn apart
And I began to wonder
Who took me on my travel
And was my ark in the sea
Who sheltered me
Upon the shore
And took me through the valley
I felt a light, growing stronger
I had plunged the darkness seeking day
Till I could go no longer
Now to realize my light
My friend
Had held my hand
All the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment