Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Meeting


On the winding journey of life
I set upon a mission
To meet the only one whose embrace is home
So many times, I was sure I would catch a glance
In the unfolding petals of a delicate rose
I came face to face with your entrancing beauty
In the glorious book, your resonating voice
Full of reason and wisdom
In the enemy’s taunts, I came through
Holding onto the rope of your hope
In difficulty, we grew close
I could feel you next to me
In sin, I felt abandoned and lost without you
In the rising sun, I basked in your rays
In the moonlit night, you illuminated my path
In my mother, I felt your mercy
Every step, every breath, I felt surrounded
And I had no option but to submit to your bondage
Hoping that would give me a rendezvous with You
Now, upon death’s bed, I can finally see
Robed in white, devoid of earthly soul
Accompanied by the weight of my deeds
Till death do we finally meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment