Monday, October 24, 2011

Was it You?

Was it the radiant rays that touched my face,
of the warming sun,
bouncing off the dazzling surface,
that made me look down,
and think of You.

Was it everyone I met,
that was pure and good,
that filled my heart with an aching emptiness -
was it them I felt,
or You I remembered?

Was it the bubbly laughter,
of a little child,
who marveled at the dropletss that wet her face,
that made me smile,
and wish for You?

Was it the hazy mist,
through which I saw wondrous forms -
shaping and reshaping in a million ways,
that made me reach out,
and hope to find You?

Was it the pattering rain,
or the rustling leaves on a starry night -
was it the silent tears,
that ran silently down in the darkest hours,
that made me sob and raise my hands to You?

Was it the feel of my heartbeat,
and its rhythmic pattern,
that will one day stop,
and not come back,
that reminded me of me, and brought me close to You?

Was it all the wonders,
or all the surrounding beauty?
Was it the signs of hope,
while in the clutches of despair,
was it the minuteness of my worries,
or the magnitude of Your mercy,
that made me cry, and made me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Asalamu alaikum. Thank you for your giggle over at "im tired" on my blog. Lovely poem thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete