Saturday, June 11, 2011

Labbayk

Drowning in the ocean of tears,
Which fell, drop by silent drop,
In the darkest of the night, the hours of peace,
Of a wish so great and deep to fulfill a foretold duty.
When the black flags are raised and the call of the righteous is made;
To go and stand under the banner.
In my dreams today I am borne;
And I cross the mountains and valleys
Till when my limbs go no more;
And I fall on my knees, and crawl to you.
Inch by inch on the gravel, pledging my path in blood;
And I arrive in your presence to offer what is left of my limbs
To your service, dedicated.
And I lower my eyes, blinded by the light emanating from your person
And give you my hand, and say:
Here I am my leader, here I am!
And you touch the top of my head, with your hand,
Gentle, and caressing and I cry;
And I wake up in tears, again.
Again, I meet the man from Khorasan only in my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment